- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. YIAH Kasbah Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Leeks chopped, white and pale green parts
- 3 Stalks of celery chopped
- 2-4 Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. YIAH Country Onion and Chive Dip Mix
- 4 cup.s Chicken broth/stock
- 1 cup. frozen peas
- 1/2 cup. Diced cooked bacon - OPTIONAL
- 4-6 tbsp.s sour cream - to serve
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil, onions, shallots, leeks, celery, potatoes. Sauté gently for 8-10 minutes or until all veggies are translucent and softened.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the frozen peas and cook for one minute longer, then either transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor or use an immersion blender to puree the mixture until smooth.
Return to the saucepan (if you used a regular blender or a food processor), season with salt and pepper, to taste. Keep warm until serving time. When ready to serve, ladle into bowls and top with sour cream, chives and chopped cooked bacon, if desired.