A Chipolata is a french style of sausage, just a lot smaller than the normal Italian sausages, which I thought would be perfect for this pasta dish. Call it French meets Italian pasta if you will.
- 8 Beef Chipolata's
- 200 gs Risoni Pasta
- 400 gs Crushed Tomatoes (can)
- 1/2 Brown Onion
- 1/4 Green Capsicum
- 400 mls Water
- 3 tbsp.s YIAH Mediterranean EVOO
- 1 tbsp. YIAH Classic Herb & Garlic Dip Mix
- 100 gs Rocket Leaves
- 50 gs Parmesan Cheese Grated or Shaved
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of YIAH Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add Beef Chipolata’s. Cook, turning often, for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Transfer to plate lined with paper towel. Slice sausages into bite size pieces.
2. Dice half an onion and a quarter of a green capsicum.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of YIAH EVOO in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add diced onion & capsicum. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add can of crushed tomatoes, 400ml of water and YIAH Classic Herb & Garlic Dip Mix. Bring to boil.
4. Add Risoni pasta and cook, stirring for 10 minutes or until pasta is just tender. You may need to add little more water if sauce thickens before pasta is cooked.
5. Stir Chipolata’s through warm risoni pasta sauce. Cover to keep warm.
6. Toss Rocket, Parmesan and remaining 1 tablespoon of YIAH EVOO together in a bowl. Season with salt & pepper. Spoon Risoni Pasta into serving bowls, top with Rocket Salad and serve.